Have you ever dreamt of starting the UX Research discipline at a company and being able to greatly influence the way product are being planned, designed and developed? Have you ever dreamt of building the next generation of user and market research tools that you use yourself to get user data?
Qualtrics is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to come start, lead and grow the UX Research discipline at the company. We are looking for a super collaborative, easygoing self-starter. You have a long track record of leading strategic research with significant business outcome. You are just as comfortable planning and conducting complex qualitative studies as you are defining and reporting on a large amount of instrumentation data. You can outline three different ways to get the necessary data to answer the usability question after a one-minute interview with a stakeholder. People love to work with you and learn from you.
On a typical day you might...
- Meet with stakeholders to define an upcoming usability study
- Analyze survey results and put together a presentation for stakeholders
- Talk to a UX Designer and Product Manager about how to best address a usability issue uncovered in a recent usability study
- Update the research roadmap and share it with senior leadership
- Review the latest build and talk to an Engineer about a bug you found
- Attend a UX team meeting and discuss open usability questions that need to get answered
- Answer a question from a Product Manager about appropriate sample size
- Refine a persona based on customer feedback
- Conduct a usability session with a user
- Define and drive both qualitative as well as quantitative user data gathering efforts to effectively inform planning, design and development of Qualtrics products
- Lead UX Research while interacting will all levels of the company, including the executive staff
- Build and maintain a research roadmap and a regular cadence of gathering user data
- Drive the process of defining a set of satisfaction/pulse check criteria to measure effectiveness, satisfaction and engagement of and with Qualtrics products
- Evolve the Qualtrics personas over time
- Set up practices for recruiting participants, attending usability sessions and accessing usability research recommendations
- Inspire the company at all levels to gather better user data and to act on it appropriately
- Educate the company on research methodologies
- Mentor other UX and Product team members around effective qualitative and quantitative user data gathering methods
- At least 7 years of industry experience conducting effective user research by applying a broad range of methodologies including in-person and remote usability testing, site visits, paper prototype testing, concept testing, survey design, diary studies, and contextual inquiries.
- Master's degree in one of these disciplines: Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar. A PhD is considered a plus.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data
- Must love diving into complex user research problems
- Extensive end-to-end experience with all aspects of usability research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Must have extensive experience working closely with UX Design, Product, and Engineering teams on gathering and implementation of research recommendations
- Experience with defining and reporting on product instrumentation or analytics data is considered a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is considered a plus
- You have a portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcome
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vice President, Photo & Design
Refinery29, New York
Senior Product Designer
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Designer - Internship
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Design Manager, Eventbrite Brand Studio, Madrid
Eventbrite, Madrid, Spain
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Designer
Helix, San Carlos, CA & San Francisco, CA