At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About the Team
The Engineering Visibility team is a foundation stone of the Qualtrics engineering organization. We strive to connect cause and effect. Our visibility services empower everyone at Qualtrics to understand the status of our internal systems and customer facing services. We strive for clean and simple correlation of this status with customer impact. This in turn helps our developers drive customer impacting events to zero and to speed up time-to-resolution when customer impact does occur.
At Qualtrics we are owners. We innovate. The things you deliver will have real impact, and quickly! Operating in a small, autonomous team, your work will flow from development to production in ever reducing lead times, delivering real improvements for our developers and increasing the company’s rate of innovation.
As an engineer working in Engineering Visibility you will be part of a team that is responsible for the research, development and operation of our visibility services. You will own container level monitoring across our fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to our horizontally scalable storage solutions. From there the team provides dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers (and us) with the data they need to perform effective change management, to get the right alert at the right time (when something goes wrong) and to dedicatedly improve the performance of their services.
Moreover, you will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. This is a systems development role. You will deliver next generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
Beyond our engineering and architecture responsibilities, Qualtrics strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. Some things you will take part in:
- You will ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- You will dedicatedly monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- You will communicate effectively w/ engineers & partners and describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- You will perform periodic on-call duties as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience in owning a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based service.
- 3+ years of excellence in operating this service.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Graphite and statsd
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python. Ideally you are a systems engineer with developer experience or a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge. No IDE-only developers.
- Full stack development using bash, sed and awk (and vi) a definite plus.
- Experience with software development lifecycle technologies (ex. Rundeck, Git, Jenkins, artifactory services, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL) tuning and optimization is very important. Experience with memcached, Redis and Elasticsearch is a bonus.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet or Chef
- Loves change!
- Excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player and fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Qualtrics are an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Corporate Site Reliability Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Seattle, WA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
3D Scan Artist
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Manufacturing Engineer - Vietnam
Specialized, Dong Nai, Vietnam
Solutions Architect, South Region
MuleSoft, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Florida, Remote
Backend Software Engineer
SigFig, Noida, India