Qualtrics is, quite literally, inventing a new category of software--one that allows companies to collect, analyze, and act-on customer, product, company, and employee feedback. The Qualtrics User Experience team is a group of designers and researchers who work on all aspects of Qualtrics’ product line to imagine new products & functionality and improve existing features. We create delightful products that users love.
Qualtrics is looking for a full-time summer UX Design intern who can (under the guidance of the UX Design team): translate user needs and business goals into wireframes and high fidelity designs, prototype interactions, and work with developers to implement their designs. If you are within one year of graduation and looking to springboard your career into User Experience Design, Qualtrics could be the place you’re dreaming of!
A Day in the Life
- Grab some cereal and coffee in our breakfast area
- Meet with stakeholders to understand user needs and business goals for a project you are are going to be working on.
- Solve an interaction design problem and get input from a Sr. UX Designer.
- Create a wireframe of an important taskflow.
- Have lunch with the team at a table in the office overlooking Puget Sound (catered lunch 4 times a week)
- Break up the day with a game of Ms. Pac Man in our arcade; post about your high score in the Seattle Arcade Slack message group
- Attend a UX team meeting and review designs from another area.
- Digest data from a usability study and think about how to translate it into concrete user interface design improvements.
- Listen to a customer explaining their use case.
- Try out a new interactive prototyping tool.
- Read an article on smashing magazine about how motion is the next flat and discuss is with other UX Designers.
What You’ll Learn/Gain
- Learn how to translate business requirements and user needs into tangible user interface proposals for a high profile software company.
- Improve your information architecture, interaction and visual design skills by learning from a team of UX Designers and UX leadership.
- Learn how User Experience teams function within a company and what makes a successful UX Designer.
- Learn UX industry best practices.
- Work closely with UX Researchers to gather user data. Learn how to conduct usability studies.
- Create a great case study for your portfolio.
The Expectations for Success
- You are within 1 year of graduation (undergraduate or graduate) from a program in Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field.
- You have a solid understanding of a user-centered design process.
- You have experience designing web and/or mobile applications as part of coursework or another internship.
- You’re a great collaborator.
- You love learning and you’re proactive.
- You live and breathe all things design and can’t stop yourself thinking about how to improve everything around you.
- You have a portfolio available for review.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.