Title: Principal Front End Engineer
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, analyze, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM globally and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure and define the future of Experience Management from technical perspective! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
This is a prime opportunity to have impact across hundreds of engineers, product managers, UX team members, and most importantly: thousands of customers. As a Principle Front-End Developer you will play a key role in shaping and executing on an ambitious vision for the future of Qualtrics. The Front-End is primarily how our users experience our product, and hence it’s very important for it to be world-class. With each of our teams owning their full stack - including their front-end technologies of choice - this becomes a challenging project.
If you’re looking for a solid growth opportunity to tackle big problems and increase your contribution and value, then Qualtrics might have just the puzzle for you.
At Qualtrics, we do all we can to give you the best space we can in which to tackle these problems. You’ll have to bring years of deep experience with engineering, product managers, UX, and front-end technologies, along with an aptitude for tackling challenges of this scale, and excitement for the impact you’ll have on our customers.
Expectations for Success
- You will work closely with engineering and product teams to craft a beautiful and engaging product, collect feedback, and iterate quickly. We are constantly challenged by hard problems, such as quickly rendering complex charts, efficiently handling large amounts of data, and designing sophisticated frameworks for extensive customization requests.
- You will mentor engineers on and off the team, lead projects and be the 'go to' person for all things front end.
- You will provide technical thought leadership for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization
- You will lead and engage in design reviews, architectural discussions, requirements definitions and other technical activities as a leader within Qualtrics. You’ll have the opportunity to work on our most complex problems. You will also give to the health of our engineering culture. You are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad; you’re hands on, capable of producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
- You will coach and mentor a diverse team of engineers, fostering an environment of continuous improvement, and championing innovation, quality, and operational excellence
- You will contribute thought leadership, architectural and technical direction to product vision and roadmap development, and ensure that the technical teams understand their strategic goals
Qualifications & Requirements (7+)
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies, including some of AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React or ReactNative
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines using WebPack, Gulp, Babel, Sass / LESS
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, UNIX, and database or other storage and compute related projects
- Expertise in mentoring and developing junior developers. You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer.
A Day in the Life
In this role you’ll interact daily with software engineers, designers, product managers as a leader in the field. Additionally you will build new universes for those people to work inside, dive very deeply into current issues while looking ahead at upcoming issues and challenges, and making sure we’re building a solid roadmap that will serve us well into the future.
What differentiates us from other companies: (do not need for internal job board)
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.