Software Engineer I - Security Operations Team- Krakow
Qualtrics, Krakow, Poland
See jobs at Qualtrics
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Qualtrics is growing exponentially and that growth means constantly finding and eradicating threats to our systems. We must continuously evaluate how we secure systems, identify potential threats, and implement alerts and tooling necessary that will help us maintain a strong security posture at scale. We are looking for an engineer to join our Security Operations Center / Incident Response team who can work with others across the organization, react to alerts, hunt for threats, respond to incidents, and create and implement technical solutions that improve our ability to identify, stop, and eliminate potential threats.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or related degree
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Can build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Qualtrics’ detection and incident investigation processes
- Strong documentation skills including experience creating and maintaining network diagrams
- Strong investigative and analytical skills with the ability to work well independently and with a team
- Experience with programming in Python is a plus
- Experience with security incident response activities and experience with threat hunting exercises is a plus
- Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM and SOAR tools is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP communications and how how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, DHCP, NetFlow, IPSec is a plus
- Security certification (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP) is a plus
- Experience working with AWS Security is a plus
A Day in the Life
- PerformsTier 1/2 SOC/IR duties as a part of a 24/7 security incident watch team.
- Monitors and analyzes SIEM events, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), network traffic, Web Application Firewall (WAF) events, and logs to identify and respond to security issues
- Identifies, designs, and builds workflow automation to lower response time and eliminate lengthy response times
- Initiates, investigates, and tracks security investigations to resolution
- Ensures communication and escalation of security activities to leadership
- Development of incident handling processes, standard operating procedures, playbooks and runbooks
What differentiates us from other companies
- Each team has freedom on choosing the stack on each project, allowing engineers to experiment and learn new, up and coming technologies
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, life insurance, MyBenefit, etc) we provide snacks, drinks and free lunches in our office
- We take pride in our office design aiming at cultivating creativity rather than being planned to fit in as many people as possible. It’s open and collaborative work space
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer - External Integrations