Senior Sales Engineer - D.C.
Qualtrics, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
See jobs at Qualtrics
About the Team
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer happiness with minimal supervision. Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. Design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Present and articulate Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors.
Effectively consult with management of customer organizations. Participate in sales planning and business development activities. Develop and demonstrate moderately complex solutions. Architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers. Participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to know the latest in industry. Interact with development to enhance/refine Qualtrics products in areas of expertise.
Expectations for Success
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, rapidly growing usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of contending products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Become an expert in Qualtrics XM Platform and other Qualtrics products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
What are the qualifications?
- Must be located in the Washington D.C. area
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Extraordinary professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Strong leadership and ability to lead, encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed. We wear lots of hats here at Qualtrics!
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one