Software Engineer II- Schematization and Benchmarking
Qualtrics, Provo, Utah, United States
See jobs at Qualtrics
Data is only valuable if you know what it is and how to use it. Schematization and Benchmarking is a new team within Qualtrics focused on new ways of organizing the billions of XM data fields into meaningful schema that increase data quality and actionability. We architect, create, and run our own services. We also architect the cross-service system across multiple Qualtrics teams and products to drive integration in every product area and every user experience.
In this video, hiring manager Jamie Morningstar explains a bit more about the team.
Expectations for Success
As a new team in Qualtrics, we are looking for scrappy engineers who want to make their mark on the XM platform. Our services need to be rock-solid, easy to use, and integrated into every aspect of the platform - from data ingress to reporting and analysis and everything in between.
We need entrepreneurial engineers who want to create something new at Qualtrics and who excel at working cross-team and cross-functionally. Our engineers, at every level, participate in design and architecture, requirements gathering, full stack development and delivery, operations, quality, benchmarking, and optimization. Successful engineers are excited to envision the future of Qualtrics data and anticipate internal and external customer needs that don’t exist yet.
We expect all of our contributors to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and to be capable of demonstrating expertise in algorithmic execution, data structures and data modeling, as well as the ability to estimate and deliver on coding objectives.
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL, NoSQL)
- Strong level of curiosity
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- 2-5 years of meaningful engineering experience
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of SaaS Software and build, distribute, scale and operate these services.
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available data intensive micro services.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to provide customer value
- Partner with User Experience, TechOps, and Product Management, to achieve the best product designs
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, serve on an on-call rotation, and consistently deliver value to customers
I understand that if I accept an offered position at Qualtrics, by January 18, 2022 or prior to my start date, whichever is later, I will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption from Qualtrics.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.