Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Qualtrics, Provo, Utah, United States
See jobs at Qualtrics
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 11,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
The Developer Experience Organization is a critical part of enabling Qualtrics engineers to deliver new features and innovate quickly. We want to empower every developer at Qualtrics to focus on what matters most: delivering business value. The Developer Experience teams write and operate services, reference architectures, and tools to take the pain out of delivering code.
Expectation for Success
As an engineer working in the Developer Experience team you will write code to make the delivery of software easier. For example, writing and maintaining service starting points that engineers will base their solutions on. Or designing and implementing features on our developer portal - used by our developers to monitor and take action. During all of this, you will closely collaborate with developers on various layers of the Qualtrics architecture to understand and remove pain-points and friction. If you're the type of person that likes to directly interact with your customers, understand their headaches, and work on innovative solutions, this job is for you!
You will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. We are looking to integrate a diverse landscape of infrastructure and tooling into a developer-centric one-stop-shop. Join us on our journey that involves project bootstrapping, build tools, the CI/CD pipeline, as well as integrating with infrastructure pieces such as Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Ansible, and AWS.
Qualtrics strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. All our teams operate within a DevOps culture. Some things you will take part in:
- You will ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- You will dedicatedly monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- You will communicate effectively w/ engineers & partners and describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- You will perform periodic on-call duties as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ year’s experience in developing and operating highly-available and large scale web-based services
- Experience with professional software engineering practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents)
- Experience debugging applications within a Linux environment & scripting experience
- Development experience in a high level language like Python, Java, Go, Node.js, or similar
- Good understanding of web technologies & protocols e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with software development lifecycle and CI/CD tools e.g. Docker, Rundeck, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with hybrid cloud setups would be a plus
- Genuinely passionate about working with developers and improving their experience and velocity
- Excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player and fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer, Server (GraphQL and Scala)
Strava, Denver, CO, Remote (USA), San Francisco, CA