Support Engineer - Identity Services
Qualtrics, Seattle, Washington, United States
See jobs at Qualtrics
The Identity Services team has a need for building systems to improve monitoring and automate repetitive support work in order to increase engineering efficiency and better serve our clients. This Support Engineer will be a significant value to not only reduce the distractions caused by supporting the platform for other engineers, but also identify trends in support issues and build administrative tooling to significantly reduce the time required to effectively support the product.
- Triage and analyze customer reported issues
- Investigate application code and application logs to identify root causes
- Implement fixes or provide necessary information to application engineers
- Design and implement tools and reports that will speed up the resolution
- Execute regular maintenance activities for services including outage handling, ticket resolution, root cause fixes, patching, vulnerability remediation and second-level analysis of maintenance activities
- Review and update runbooks for environment, service management and troubleshooting
- Work on operations and maintenance-driven coding projects
- Build systems to audit and measure reliability of services
- Fine tune services to reduce latency, conduct operational readiness reviews and automate continuous delivery of software changes
- Ability to read application logs
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating system
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Experience in diagnosing customer production issues
- Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken
- Analytical thinking
- Proactive approach to issues and trends
- Bachelor’s degree required - STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Experience in support engineering including developing scripts and software
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.