Senior Software Engineer - Internationalisation, Dublin
Qualtrics, Dublin, Ireland
See jobs at Qualtrics
The internationalisation team you will be joining is a part of a bigger, cross-location engineering organisation working on XM Platform and Qualtrics’ core product line. In Qualtrics we empower every team to make autonomous decisions about their tech stack, designs and work. Internationalisation team will be the entity that drives the engineering excellence in the i18n area, by creating services and tools for engineers, evangelising good practices and driving adoption of their solutions across all Qualtrics.
As a Software Engineer at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to solve hard problems. Designing systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work. The internationalisation team will be creating services and tools for all engineers across Qualtrics. You will closely cooperate with other teams and individuals to understand and minimise effort needed to support SaaS products with a state of the art localisation system. You will be heavily involved in designing, developing and implementing solutions that will increase engineering effectiveness across whole Qualtrics. If you're the type of person that likes to directly interact with your customers, understand their headaches, and deliver great solutions for them, this job is for you. As the first engineer on the team you will help to build it and define its day-to-day operations.
We want to make sure that every user of our software can have the best possible native experience. You will have an opportunity to impact our global customer base and improve their experience with Qualtrics products and services. As a senior engineer on the team you will:
- Implement new features and optimise existing ones to deliver best in class services and tools for engineering teams.
- Lead the integration with 3rd party translations service providers
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritise features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Lead and mentor team members on planning, designing, developing, adopting and maintaining the tools and services.
- You will perform periodic on-call duties to support the solutions you create
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ year’s experience in developing and operating a customer-facing, globally available product
- Experience with professional software engineering practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents)
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, Go, Python or similar
- Experience with cloud, modern CI/CD tools (e.g. Spinnaker) would be a plus
- Excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player and fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
About us Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Want to learn more about Qualtrics? Visit Qualtrics's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.