Strategic Insights Manager
Quantcast, San Francisco
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world.
- Work with the CSI Director as well as sales and marketing partners to support revenue generation and deepen relationships with customers
- Work autonomously to extract and analyze data needed for key client projects and run multiple queries simultaneously
- Nimbly navigate Quantcast’s large-scale proprietary online data set in order to pull and deliver insights in an efficient and timely fashion
- Analyze data to investigate and test hypotheses used to identify meaningful patterns and benchmarks in large, multi-dimensional datasets
- Present complex data and insights in a compelling and easy-to-digest fashion, supporting sales pitches and post-campaign analyses
- Attend client and agency meetings, representing and presenting Quantcast’s unique insights as needed
- 8+ years experience in digital advertising/media industries with specific focus on research and analytics
- Confident extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data (both structured and unstructured)
- Highly proficient with Postgres SQL (or any form of SQL)
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented and logical in thought process.
- Knowledge of statistics and analytics: you’ll be expected to pull your own data and analyze it to formulate interesting insights, trends, and reports
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to simplify complex data for a non-technical audience
- Expert with Excel – complete ease with Pivot Tables and advanced functions
- Experience with Tableau, BI and other data visualization tools a plus
- Use of data science tools such as Python, R, MapReduce, Hadoop and/or big data technologies highly desirable
- Advance knowledge of ad serving technologies, such as Atlas or DoubleClick
- Experience with one or more real-time bidding (RTB) ad management, DSP and SSP platforms
- Experience with SalesForce (or other CRM software)
- Understanding of online ad campaign metrics and analysis, online advertising industry trends, technologies and pricing models (CPM, CPC, & CPA)
ABOUT US Our intelligence platforms combine big data and machine learning to solve crucial marketing challenges. We help publishers understand audiences and create compelling digital experiences. Our predictive advertising capabilities give marketers insight into online behaviors so they can reach valuable, relevant customers. And we help consumers receive personalized stories and messages across devices.