Quantcast is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the Cloud Infrastructure team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
You will have a strong cloud infrastructure background (AWS), hands-on experience with configuration management tools, administration of Linux/Unix systems, and be well versed in core network protocols like HTTPS, syslog, and DNS.
You are passionate about understanding and putting together components of a complex system in Production. You are able to deconstruct and understand the runtime characteristics of open source systems or ones built by the team. You like to work with engineers to debug problems in production and suggest improvements in monitoring or deployment processes.
- Drive operational excellence through automation, monitoring, and incident analysis
- Provide technical feedback into product roadmaps for the team
- Mentor and grow the more junior engineers on the team
- Develop tools that scale and ease the administration of our systems
- Work with other Network, Security, and Systems Engineers to make our platform more elastic and fault tolerant
- Guide the development of systems that integrate our data centers with Amazon Web Services
- Lead projects from the design, implementation, delivery, and documentation to support the different services provided by our team
- B.S. in Computer Science or Equivalent field and 4+ years of professional experience (We recognize that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS)
- Linux system administration/automation experience
- Track record of driving operational excellence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Organized, detail-oriented personality
- Experience with Python//bash/Perl programming languages
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.