Front-End Engineer (Palo Alto)
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ
The free and easy way to manage your lab inventory
Quartzy is seeking an extraordinary front-end engineer who will join our tight-knit team to build clean, modern applications from scratch. We recently completed a redesign/re-architecture of our entire application in Ember.js, and we’re gearing up for a phase of rapid growth and product development.
You are a self-starter with a bias for action, and you can take projects from start to finish. You want to work as part of a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production many times a day. You always admired your friends in science, but your knack for computers led you to programming.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs and companies alike. We value openness, transparency, and good communication, because, after all, we are in this together.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our product team to spec and implement features
- Implement new interfaces and functionality from the ground up
- Guide the development of our front-end architecture using modern development practices
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming
- Write clean, well-tested ES6 code that’s easy to read and resilient to heavy iteration
What we’re looking for
- An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- The ability to work efficiently and communicate clearly
What we’d love
- Experience with other parts of our technology stack: PHP, MySQL
- Familiarity with test frameworks such as QUnit and Cucumber.js
- A desire to master your text editor/IDE of choice
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
The world’s No. 1 lab management platform. We help scientists easily organize orders, manage inventory, and save money. Quartzy is free and always will be.