Quidd is the world's largest social marketplace for digital goods.
Through its apps, Gen Z and Millennials collect, buy, sell, and display limited-edition digital stickers, cards, and 3D toys featuring IP from the world’s best media brands, including Disney, Marvel, HBO, Hasbro, Fox, and others. Collecting, owning, and using rare stuff, like sneakers, streetwear, or trading cards, is a universal human behavior. Quidd's mission is to bring this experience online -- in digital format -- for billions of people.
The company raised its Series A from Sequoia in the fall of 2017 and is based in NYC.
We are currently seeking a world-class Director of Engineering to lead and scale our engineering organization. This person will report directly to the VP of Product and be responsible for leading the Engineering team in day to day responsibilities and the growth of the team.
What you’ll do
● Implement the technological vision and direction for the Quidd platform, and
ensure the engineering team is aligned in achieving those outcomes
● Work in tandem with the product team to identify and road map digital strategy, both
to optimize current services and to identify opportunities ripe for innovation.
● Ensure that the Engineering team delivers consistent, repeatable and cost
effective platform and application development
● Oversee the architecture of all of our technical systems, including the
maintenance of all architectural components and standards
● Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form strong teams capable of
learning and growing
What you’ll bring
● 6+ years overall experience, 3+ years leading technology teams
● Demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including
those at the senior leadership level
● Ability to meet deadlines, define timetables, balance multiple priorities, and
manage projects to completion. The ideology that product velocity and quality go
hand in hand, you don’t sacrifice one for the other
● Have rapidly scaled both a product and a team while maintaining high quality,
and are passionate about diversity and inclusion when it comes to hiring and
retaining your team members
● Fantastic interpersonal skills and enjoy collaborative ideation and working within
teams to solve problems
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Extensive experience in software development and architecture
● Experience at a “mobile first” company preferred
About us Quidd is the leading platform for buying, trading and using premium, rare digital goods. Available for free on iOS and Android devices, the Quidd app enables fans to buy, own and use digital stuff, like stickers, GIFs, cards and toys, to express their fandoms, construct their identities, and have more fun with their favorite things. The best names in entertainment, including Marvel, Game Of Thrones, Rick And Morty, Breaking Bad, and more, are using the Quidd platform to reach new audiences and build new businesses. Quidd is backed by Sequoia Capital with headquarters in NYC and an office opening in LA in 2018.
Want to learn more about Quidd? Visit Quidd's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.