About the position
Qumulo Operations team is in need of a Manufacturing Systems Engineer who can help scale the rapid growth of our business. The Operations team owns order management for Qumulo’s 1st party hardware, the responsibilities of which spans from product forecast creation, materials management, production, fulfillment to customers as well as post sales support. This Engineer will closely coordinate activities between Operations and other support groups with an emphasis on improving the manufacturing processes and efficiency both at Qumulo as well at the partner integrator locations. The engineer will find any problem as an opportunity to innovate, stay laser focused on team priorities and use good communication skills to effectively navigate through issues in order to attain its resolution.
About the company
Qumulo is the leader in Hybrid Cloud File Storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100% usable capacity and direct access to experts. See storage made simple at www.qumulo.com.
- Work with Hardware Engr. and Product teams to own the Manf. Software Release process end to end for Qumulo Hardware
- Ownership around Test, Process and Quality of Qumulo Hardware at contract manufacturers
- Support New Product Introduction and prototyping activities for Qumulo Hardware platforms
- Support first article activities at the factory and approve factory build instructions
- Support update and upkeep of Bill of Materials for Qumulo Hardware
- Ensure timely implementation of Qumulo change orders at the factory
- Ability to write detailed technical documents including test plans and functional specifications of Hardware
- Periodic review of capacity constraints and support factory expansion as needed
- Work with factory and suppliers in regards to technical issue followup/closure and corrective action implementations
- Spearhead failure analysis of returned components and implement corrective actions at the factory
- Basic knowledge of SAN/NAS/Networking Systems would be an added advantage
- Travel 30% in the quarter to support NPI/Sustaining/End of quarter activities at the factory
- 3-5yrs+ experience working on Enterprise Systems preferred. This could include but not limited to, working knowledge of key components such as motherboards, SSDs, HDDs, CPUs, and Networking switches
- Analytical approach in debugging electronics hardware
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Experience working with contract manufacturer is a plus
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle Management systems such as SAP/Agile/Arena/Oracle is a plus
- Bachelors in EE, CS, CE or Networking Engineering
- Python/ Linux/ Unix knowledge preferred
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Costa Mesa, CA