Global Cloud Lead – High Performance Computing (HPC)
Qumulo, NY, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington D.C.; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA
Modern, highly scalable storage
About the Position
Would you like to own driving Cloud revenue and customer engagements for the leader in cloud file data services, for Industry and High Performance Computing (HPC) customers globally? Do you like helping customers and partners solve tough technical problems and achieve business outcomes? Do you have the technical background, business development and customer relationships to help Qumulo grow their cloud business? Would you like to be part of a rapidly growing team focused on increasing adoption of Qumulo with global cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google? Qumulo is looking for technical sales and business savvy people who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you are faced with new things every day and have the latitude to figure it out and run with it.
As our Global Cloud Business Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy that focuses on customer outcomes, building mind share and driving use of Qumulo in the cloud. You should enjoy working closely with customers, Systems Integrators and cloud providers to help them transform and applications and data in the Cloud using Qumulo solutions. The perfect candidate demonstrates the ability to think strategically about sales strategy for vertical markets, High Performance Computing solutions, technical challenges customers face when migrating to the cloud, and the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of Qumulo products to the CxO as well as engineering teams. At Qumulo we work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. See more of our Cloud story: https://qumulo.com/product/cloud-products/
- Develop a short term and long-term strategy for Qumulo Cloud services adoption for High Performance Computing customers. Identify specific customer segments, partners, and accounts to approach with a value proposition for using Qumulo’s.
- Implement a Cloud Sales strategy focused around consistent growth of market share, new logo acquisition, and a predictable stream of Cloud revenue and bookings.
- Build Go to Market strategy and Execute on solution activities with partners and the Qumulo field.
- Work with Qumulo’s field organizations to engage Cloud partners AWS, Azure, GCP, to execute joint go to market programs, owning the day-to-day interactions with existing and greenfield accounts to identify needs met through Qumulo’s Cloud Services.
- Engage with C-level relationships, ensure customer satisfaction, accelerate technology adoption.
- Educate and enable the sales teams and Qumulo Consulting Partners to increase visibility of Qumulo cloud solutions.
- Prepare and provide business reviews and executive communication to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations as needed and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
- Ability to travel up to 30% as necessary to implement new programs, meet with customers, prospects, partners, account teams.
- Responsible for upholding Qumulo Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience selling, designing, and running large scale High Performance Computing
- Direct work developing sales solutions and partnership programs with Cloud Providers, Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive Cloud technology, utility pricing models, open source software, Data and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery.
- Vertical Industry domain expertise working in one or more of these industries: Health & Life Sciences, Genomics, HPC research, Manufacturing, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Retail, Media & Entertainment, Financial Services, Public Sector.
- Proven ability to drive adoption of technology solutions in complex environments directly to customers and through technology partners, System Integrators, Resellers, and a Cloud Channel ecosystem.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
- Experience running teams with multi-million dollar goals, managing a sales pipeline and forecast
- Leading Software & Cloud contract negotiations with enterprise customers.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and influence C-level executives.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn detailed data analysis into strategic insight to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- 10+ years’ experience with outside technology related sales or technical business development experience
- Significant Cloud & Software business development or field sales experience, with solid understanding of Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud computing technology and utility pricing models.
- Experience selling and solutions SaaS and consumption-based software in Cloud provider Marketplaces like AWS Marketplace.
- BA/BS degree required; Computer Science or related technical field required, MBA preferred.
- Strong verbal, written communications, and presentation skills, fluent in English.
- Based in a US major Metro geography – NYC, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco
About the Company
Qumulo is the leader in Hybrid Cloud File Storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100% usable capacity and direct access to experts.
See storage made simple at www.qumulo.com.
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies