About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
About the Team
Qumulo’s elite Sales team is made up of pioneers, technology evangelists and problem solvers. Bolstered by robust experience in the Data Storage industry, our exclusive team of sales professionals lead our product into new markets, and enable us to delight a growing customer base with our innovative storage solutions.
About the Position
Qumulo's NYC Metro-based Systems Engineer will be a key addition to our field sales organization. This person will utilize their deep understanding of technology in the storage industry to assess customer needs, build strong business cases for our product, and tackle customer issues. They will not only build rapport with potential and current customers, but also become a trusted advisor for our customers and a champion for their needs.
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of awing customers with their technical acumen. This person is a pragmatic and innovative problem solver, driving change and evangelizing new technologies in our market place.
- Guide content of sales presentations through deep understanding of nuances of customer verticals.
- Understand all technical needs of prospective customers.
- Submit activity reports and maintain current SalesForce records.
- Establish Try & Buy accounts and test plans, helping customers set up and implement our product in their environment.
- Act as a beacon for industry standards, researching and reporting changes in products, service, and policy, and evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Champion the needs of the customers through investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by through independent research, attending workshops, and cultivating networks.
- Collect and maintain data to guide and inform future sales and business decisions.
- Backup / Archive product knowledge such as Commvault, Symantec, etc.
- Deep understanding storage platform technologies such as SAN and NAS.
- Working knowledge of the following operating systems: Window XP, 7, 8, Server R2. Unix (Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos).
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
- M&E, BioTech, or Oil & Gas account knowledge a plus.
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
*Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
For more information on our Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice please click on the link below:
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.