About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at petabyte scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features and a single, easy to use solution in a customer’s data center or in the public cloud.
Qumulo has a collaborative culture with a strong focus on delivering value to our customers. We are looking for people with a diverse set of experiences to help us fulfill our vision.
About the Position
As a member of Qumulo’s Technical Content Development Team, you’ll be responsible for creating and curating internal and customer-facing engineering documents. You are experienced with writing highly structured conceptual and task-based technical prose: Getting Started and Administration guides, REST API documentation, and internal runbooks and manuals. You have also worked closely with groups such as Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Success to produce clear and concise release notes and knowledge base articles.
You thrive in dynamic, fast-moving startup environments and are familiar with Agile processes and cross-functional collaboration across engineering organizations. You dive deep to learn about product and documentation requirements and work closely with subject matter experts. You are highly organized and strongly motivated and you have a passion for creating content and understanding technical products and the desire to explain their inner workings to others.
- Build and maintain conceptual and task-based technical documentation for Qumulo’s products and services
- Create and maintain technical content by focusing on our user personas and our customers’ needs
- Resolve content requests using the Jira and Rally ticketing systems
- Help the Engineering community raise the bar for the usability and usefulness of their technical content
- Uphold UX-first writing standards: organize documentation structure, use straightforward grammar and syntax, and write in an approachable style
- Take part in technical reviews and feedback meetings
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail when delivering documentation
- Experience with technical writing: 5+ years
- Experience working in a technical field: 5+ years (cloud computing, hardware components, and so on)
- Experience working as part of a technical organization (engineering, software development, IT, DevOps, and so on)
- Experience with working at the command line, such as Bash or Zsh on Linux or macOS
- Proficiency with source control, such as Mercurial or Git
- Proficiency with using and contributing to an internal style guide
- Proficiency with Markdown or reStructured Text
- Passion for hands-on experience with the product (installation, configuration, and free exploration of functionality)
- Passion for learning new tools and technologies quickly
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic technical environment
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and common software development lifecycle approaches (CI/CD or DevOps)
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Parental leave
- 401K investment plan
- Unlimited paid time off, strongly encouraged to take at least 3 weeks per year
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
For more information on our Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice please click on the link below:
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.