About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at petabyte scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features and a single, easy to use solution in a customer’s data center or in the public cloud.
Qumulo has a collaborative culture with a strong focus on delivering value to our customers. We are looking for people with a diverse set of experiences to help us fulfill our vision. You can get to know a few of our engineers at https://qumulo.com/eng/ (https://qumulo.com/eng/).
About the position
As Qumulo continues to innovate both in the cloud and in the data center, we have opportunities across all our engineering groups. You can build and operate customer-facing services that allow provisioning, monitoring, scaling, billing, and more. You can help explore and bring to market the latest storage technologies, CPU architectures and networking technologies in the next generation of Qumulo-supported hardware platforms. You can contribute to the distributed storage engine and data management services that power the Qumulo solution in customers’ data centers and in the public cloud.
Our team is passionate about building quality software products and services that deliver value to our customers. Interns at Qumulo join our feature teams to help deliver that customer value. The Qumulo engineering team is an excellent place to begin your career as a software engineer. We have a collaborative work environment that supports learning, allows individual engineers to have a voice, and enables teams to have the autonomy to drive their own progress.
If this piques your interest, we want to talk to you!
- Collaborate with team members on design, code reviews, and pair programming
- Collaborate with team members and area leads on architecture and design of new/updated features
- Contribute to feature development and testing using C, Rust and Python
- Define and implement customer-facing features and internal improvements
- Help debug and fix test failures and product or service issues
- Ability to write well-factored and well-tested code
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures, with some experience in distributed systems, database concepts, concurrent programming, or operating systems concepts
- At least one class, internship or personal project using C, C++, Rust, Java, or Go
- At least one class, internship or personal project using a higher level language like Python
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a team to solve complex problems
- Pursuing a BS or BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
For more information on our Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice please click on the link below:
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos