Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi-cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.
At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.
You will collaborate with multiple feature teams and product managers working mostly on functionality exposed via our web-based UI. You may also work in areas impacting our command-line interface, API, as well as our unboxing, installation and cloud deployment experiences. Through your work, you will:
- Lead UX research studies to help teams gain deeper customer empathy as the team learns about our customer’s experience, and test the latest designs and feature ideas.
- Bring teams into your design process as you use a variety of human-centered design methods and create/co-create artifacts in order to reach understanding and alignment of business, technical and user experience requirements.
- Iterate on designs and features based on stakeholder feedback and usability study findings.
- Design experiences that are pleasing, intuitive and meet the requirements while raising the user experience bar, making new UI elements when necessary.
- Help make tough and informed decisions as we ship small vertical feature slices, groom backlogs and potentially shift priorities.
- Adapt your process as you learn from past experiences as the team incorporates new tools, techniques and methods.
- Set clear expectations and communicate clearly as you engage with different engineering teams and product managers at different stages of the feature development process.
Some days, you may find yourself working on broader UX design work, such as evangelizing user-centered design methods, democratizing UX research, or iterating on our customer journey maps. Beyond design, you may choose to help build our community of Qumulons through our inclusivity work, organizing hackathons, writing blog posts and more.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Product Designer or similar UX-related role
- Experience in hands-on user-interface design with thoughtful attention to design details
- Experience conducting multiple UX research studies including planning, moderating, synthesizing results and presenting finding
- Fluency in prototyping and interface design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Framer or equivalent (we use Figma)
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, collaboration and craft in shipped products
- BA/BS degree in design, HCI, interaction design, computer science or related field, or 3 years of additional industry experience
- Experience designing and shipping products in B2B environments
- Experience in designing in agile development environments
Be prepared to share and present your UX design portfolio.
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Parental leave
- 401K investment plan
- Unlimited paid time off, strongly encouraged to take at least 3 weeks per year
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
For more information on our Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice please click on the link below:
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. Qumulo File Fabric (QF2) gives data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and on the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, Qumulo serves the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
Want to learn more about Qumulo? Visit Qumulo's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.