Product Design - Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Work on a product team focused on a major, user-facing area of Quora. Identify high-impact opportunities, design features in pursuit of goals, and explain the rationale for your decisions.
- Collaborate with engineers to define features and functionality, with other designers for feedback and critique, and with data scientists and user researchers to evaluate the impact of your work.
- Design interactions for new features, applying existing design patterns and creating new ones, across our platforms.
- Build what you design using a custom web framework developed by Quora that makes front-end development easy and efficient.
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects. Ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements multiple times a week.
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities is required. Applications without portfolios will not be reviewed.
- Technical competence with front-end technologies: HTML, CSS, JS. Experience with server-side languages like Python is a plus. (Designers at Quora code).
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex, social product, and to clearly explain reasons for new features and changes.
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals.
- Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and color.
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions. Experience with effective A/B testing is a plus.
- The number of years of professional experience you have isn't important to us.
- Interest or experience in designing for ads, mobile, or user growth is a plus.
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit https://www.quora.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Product/UX designer
Product Manager (New Division)
Gwynnie Bee, Palo Alto, CA
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO or Denver, CO
Data Management Operations Associate
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Wish, San Francisco, United States