Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
Each of us has unique expertise. Whether it's the subject of a doctoral thesis, advice for dealing with life's stresses, tips for what to do in a neighborhood, or reactions to current events, our knowledge has the potential to transform lives for the better. Despite this, we rarely think to share that knowledge with others. That's where Quora comes in.
We're creating a repository for all human knowledge.
To do that, we need to design systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and discovering it easy; that show you answers to questions you didn't know you had, on topics you didn't know you liked; and that scale to support the participation of the entire planet. Designing a global ecosystem for knowledge sharing requires a multidisciplinary approach and a diverse team, empowered to shape strategy while moving quickly and learning as much as possible.
Brand Design at Quora
At Quora, you'll work on a wide and engaging range of projects: from high-level brand development and refinement to in-product illustration and graphical systems to book and anthology-design to supporting marketing, events, and PR to apparel design and more. You'll work autonomously, making sure that Quora's aesthetic elements and products represent its scope, ambition, and values.
Because we're making Quora for billions of users, our brand and marketing must be exceptional. You'll play a key role in its evolution and elevation, leading the effort to make it speak to as many people as possible about what Quora can mean in their lives. This is an important role for our company, and we expect to soon grow Communications Design into a team with multiple designers. We're looking for someone who will want not only to make Quora's brand and marketing amazing, but also to define this team's culture, processes, and organizational impact.
Additionally, we're interested in candidates eager to influence environmental design. Quora continues to grow, and as we do we have to design new spaces and iterate on olds ones, making offices beautiful, functional, and reflective of who we are and what we want to achieve.
If you're interested in helping to democratize access to knowledge and you're looking for autonomy and impact on a team which values what you do and is eager for the influence your taste and skill can have, we'd love to talk to you!
- Passion for Quora and our mission
- Strong knowledge of design systems & practices, and the ability to apply that thinking to your own projects
- Great taste and great typography skills. You know the nuts and bolts of aesthetics and can explain them to everyone else
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and reframing problems to create better design solutions
- Print & web production skills and expert Adobe skills (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- You have a strong point of view as a designer and a history of self-initiated projects
- You think critically about your work and clearly articulate design decisions
- BFA or MFA in Design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Link to portfolio site is required with application
- Design and document Quora's visual systems
- Work collaboratively to articulate Quora's voice, point of view, and brand strategy, and translate it into design deliverables
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design at Quora
- Be self directed: manage your own projects independently from concept to completion with minimal direction or supervision
- Lead design projects for partnerships and offline brand experience
- Use design to build Quora's culture and community through events and person-to-person interactions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.