Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Participate in strategic and operational planning for the full network stack
- Build and maintain capabilities for monitoring, alerting, automation, and self healing networks
- Implement adaptive network security capabilities that protect valuable company data and drive accountability and transparency in daily operations
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology
- Define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and functionality
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
- Strong Routing/Switching knowledgeProficiency on network platforms including: Cisco, Aruba, and Palo Alto Networks
- Familiarity with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as LogicMonitor, Extrahop, and Airwave.
- Proficiency with VPN technologies such as PAN Global Protect and OpenVPN
- Scripting and automation experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with deploying and managing networks in a cloud heavy environment
- Familiarity with SIP standards and integration
- Proficiency with VoIP and Video Conferencing Technology architectures and implementations: Google Hangouts, Zoom, Dialpad
- Firm grasp and experience in troubleshooting layer 2 and 3 protocols such as STP, 802.1q, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LDP, and VRF.
- Familiarity with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac radio technologies.
- High degree of familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; ability to configure Mac, UNIX and Windows server networking.
- Extensive experience at all layers of the network from physical to application aware firewalls
- 4+ years Information Technology operations experience
- Strong skills in process, documentation, change management & communication
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit https://www.quora.com/
Jobs You May Like
IT Engineer - Client Platform
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior IT Specialist
Manager, Software QA Engineering - PlayStation Store
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Lead QA Automation Engineer
Everwise, New York, NY
Cloud Systems Developer