Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
Engineers build Quora from the ground up, creating APIs and abstractions to solve challenging technical problems.
We value building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. Building the right abstractions to manage complexity so that we can develop and iterate quickly as the product grows is important to us. We use continuous deployment and EC2 so all code that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is. We emphasize code reviews with 24-hour turnaround times and hold weekly engineering tech talks to maintain high code quality and to optimize for learning the best engineering practices.
Things we look for:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent, but the number of years of professional experience you have isn't important to us
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning a plus
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit