Software Engineer - Monetization/Ads
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Work on a early stage product team focused on generating revenue for the success of the company and mission.
- Architect, design and implement features for our mission-critical online ad platform at massive scale with data-driven iteration.
- Identify high impact features that achieve engineering and revenue goals, and be able to explain rationale for your decisions.
- Drive product, ranking, machine learning projects from ideation to production using the full technology stack.
- Work with designers, fellow engineers and data scientists to prototype and implement functionality and analyze impact.
- Be a strong generalist, able to work quickly and effectively on solving multiple types of problems, while prioritizing effectively to ship new features and scale up existing ones.
- Love of both the Quora product and community
- At least 3 years of relevant ads product development experience
- Strong experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts
- Excellent Python, Java or C++ development skills
- Experience with distributed systems such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Good understanding of machine learning, economics or auction theory
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.