Software Engineer - Product Infrastructure
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Work on a product team focused on a major user-facing area of Quora.
- Design, analyze, and review architecture for large products, minimizing maintenance and ensuring performance, scalability and reliability.
- Collaborate with designers, product engineers and data scientists to implement functionality and analyze impact.
- Work with infrastructure engineers to scale backend services supporting products.
- Drive multiple projects, prioritizing effectively to ship new features and scale up existing ones.
- Passion for experimentation and new ideas.
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you.
- Knowledge of distributed storage systems.
- Years of experience with end-to-end product development at major web and mobile companies.
- Ability to think holistically about a complex, social product, and map big picture metrics to a realistic, actionable plan.
- Love of the Quora product.
- Knowledge of Python a plus.
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit Quora's website.
Jobs You May Like
Camera Integration Engineer
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Software Development Engineer - Third Party API
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Insight Data Engineering Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting September 10, 2018: Final Applications Due June 25 - Boston
Lab IT Engineer
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Sr. Software Engineer, Runtime
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer - Recommendations
Netflix, Los Gatos, California