Software Engineer - User Interface
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Build efficient, robust, reusable front-end abstractions that power our website, Android and iOS apps.
- Handle a fast moving environment that ships products quickly while maintaining extremely high quality code.
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and best practices. Enforce standards through regular code reviews.
- Fantastic leadership and communication skills with both designers and engineers.
- Write and maintain internal tools to help increase developer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively find problems or gaps in our codebase and fix them.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS. Experience with LESS or SASS is a plus.
- Some knowledge of server-side languages and web frameworks. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience debugging across multiple browsers. Experience with UI testing tools like Selenium or phantomJS is a plus.
- Experience optimizing the speed and performance of websites.
- Experience maintaining large and growing code bases in a fast-moving environment.
- Interest in staying current with new and evolving web technologies.
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit https://www.quora.com/
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Software Specialist
Bluebeam, Inc., Chicago
Senior Software Engineer
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Lead/Senior Product Engineer
Segment, San Francisco
Sr. Front-End/Full-Stack Software Engineer
POPSUGAR, San Francisco
Dev Ops Engineer-DC (Cleared)
Fearless, Washington DC
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California