Technical Lead - Machine Learning
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge
- Provide technical guidance in a broad range of ML experiments and projects across several teams
- Mentor expert machine learning engineers
- Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the Quora product
- Lead changes in our Machine Learning systems and infrastructure
- Partner with other teams such as Data, Design and Product to collaborate on projects across the company
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to expand the team, including interviewing candidates, and participating in conferences/events
- 7+ years of industry/academic experience in Machine Learning or related field
- You will be expected to have a good understanding of a broad range of traditional supervised and unsupervised techniques (e.g. logistic regression, SVMs, GBDTs, Random Forests, k-means and other clustering techniques, matrix factorization, LDA . . .) as well as be up to date with latest ML advances (e.g. Deep Neural Networks, or non-parametric Bayesian methods).
- Previous experience building end to end scalable Machine Learning systems
- Software engineering skills. Knowledge of Python and C++ is a plus.
- Knowledge of existing open source frameworks such as scikit-learn, Torch, Caffe, or Theano is a plus
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a related technical field
- Love of the Quora product
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
Want to learn more about Quora? Visit Quora's website.
Jobs You May Like
Getaround, SF Peninsula
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager of Engineering
Area 1 Security, Redwood City, CA
Systems Reliability Engineer (Mandarin Speaking)
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Front End Engineer - React.js (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA