Staff Data Platform Engineer
Qventus, Mountain View, CA
Because People Are at the Center of Healthcare
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and algorithms to process massive amounts of complex, high dimensionality, high cardinality data.
- Work closely with rest of the team members to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality, scalable software.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites to ensure both code quality and data integrity/quality.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Python, and SQL.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud platforms.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with stream processing, messaging semantics, scheduling algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals – Kafka, Spark, AWS Glue, Airflow, Lambda, Storm or related technologies.
- Ability to design scalable messaging systems for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency.
- Data modeling and design -- SQL, NoSQL & in-memory databases.
- Savvy on modern security design and programming principles, threats & preventive implementations
- Experience with large-scale, high complexity metrics and monitoring.
- Experience with performance testing, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Experience building and scaling large scale ETLs.
- Experience building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
We believe in the power of data. But after years of working in hospitals we’ve seen it make things harder for frontline teams when it should be making healthcare work better. That’s why we founded Qventus. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We believe that new technology has the power to transform how patient care is delivered and managed. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help healthcare organizations and their people adapt in the moment and make the right decisions from the most complex data. Since launching our first customer in 2014, we’ve been committed to improving operational efficiency. While some prefer to tackle moonshot projects, we believe that improving small day-to-day decisions can, over time, create massive improvements in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Qventus? Visit Qventus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Technical Consultant (Practitioner, Architecture, Technical Leadership)