Senior Data Platform Engineer
Because People Are at the Center of Healthcare
- Build, tune, and improve the end-to-end workflow of data users at Qventus (incl. designing data structures, building and scheduling data transformation pipelines, improving access to critical data assets etc.).
- Automate & manage the lifecycle of data sets (schema development, deprecation, and iteration).
- Improve the data quality and transparency of the pipelines (defining data requirements and data flow visibility - lineage, sources, transformations).
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and algorithms to process massive amounts of complex, high dimensionality, high cardinality data.
- Work closely with the rest of the team members to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality, scalable software and raise engineering standards.
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling and transformation pipeline design and experience building for data science and analytics partner needs.
- Experience working and building in a fast paced dynamic environment across multiple technologies.
- Practiced ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decision making within your team.
- Experience building and maintaining robust and efficient backend data systems with functional proficiency with AWS cloud services & modern data warehouse services (Snowflake).
- 5+ years of professional experience working with modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Python with a dedication to high code quality.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Strong cross-functional communication - ability to break down complex technical components for technical and non-technical partners alike.
- Ability to mentor and help mature our technical team.
- Practical hands on experience with: building large-scale, high complexity metrics and monitoring and ELK, DBT, Snowflake, AWS, Terraform, Looker, Ansible experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training / experience.
We believe in the power of data. But after years of working in hospitals we’ve seen it make things harder for frontline teams when it should be making healthcare work better. That’s why we founded Qventus. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We believe that new technology has the power to transform how patient care is delivered and managed. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help healthcare organizations and their people adapt in the moment and make the right decisions from the most complex data. Since launching our first customer in 2014, we’ve been committed to improving operational efficiency. While some prefer to tackle moonshot projects, we believe that improving small day-to-day decisions can, over time, create massive improvements in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Qventus? Visit Qventus's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos