Assistant Store Manager- Georgetown
rag & bone, Washington, D.C.
Effortless urban style, with expert craftsmanship
rag & bone is looking for an Assistant Store Manager for our Georgetown location.
Assistant Store Managers are essential members of the store leadership team who uphold and implement the vision set forth by the Store Manager. The ideal candidate will be expected to take an active role in store operations, customer experience, and employee development. A successful candidate possesses a skillset that allows them to coach and develop all supervisors and associates while contributing to an environment in which all team members are able to collaborate in order to consistently deliver best in class customer experiences.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build customer loyalty through in store experience
- Demonstrate product knowledge and ensure delivery of this knowledge to staff
- Ensure an elevated level of sales and services is practiced by all associates. Lead by example.
- Maintain a one company/one experience perspective in all customer service interactions
Driving the Business
- Assist in tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
- Model and teach store associates to support a positive client-centric environment
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate team
- Understands, follows, teaches, and enforces company policies and procedures including store safety standards, back of house standards, stock, sales and HR policies
- Supports team through change and challenges; acting independently as needed
- Solution oriented. Address problems proactively and with potential solutions
- Maintain a leadership presence on the sales floor
- Assumes all SM responsibilities in their absence
- Be intimately familiar with and able to perform and train staff on all store operations tasks from register to stock room
- Ensure cash handling and register procedures are maintained and executed accurate at all times
- Ensure integrity of payroll procedures
- Assist with store schedule ensuring adequate floor coverage at all times in absence of Store Manager
- Assist in the daily management of key holders, sales and stock associates
- Support Store Manager in the communication and execution of company policies, procedures, initiatives and directives
People Staffing & Development
- Coach and develop retail associates to meet store goals
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, training and development of all staff
- Assist and partner with Store Manager to provide regular feedback, coaching and counseling on performance.
- Support in the resolution of all HR and employee issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with the Store Manager
- Support Store Manager with new hire paperwork, status changes, departures and all other people admin processes
- Assists Store Manager to create goals and development plans that support performance and career development
- Works closely with VM and buying teams to advise on product assortment and displays based on customer demographics/market
- Minimum 3 years specialty retail experience with 1-2 years in a management role
- Experience managing or working in a commissioned based environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and grow business
- Luxury or contemporary management experience preferred
- Proven experience leading a product and customer centric sales environment
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs, carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach, and bend
About rag & bone
Interested in joining one of the most dynamic fashion brands in the world?
From its origins in New York in 2002, rag & bone instantaneously distinguished itself by combining British heritage with directional, modern design. Today, the brand has become synonymous with innately wearable clothing that innovatively melds classic tailoring with an edgy yet understated New York aesthetic.
Want to learn more about rag & bone? Visit https://www.rag-bone.com/
Jobs You May Like
Pop-Up Associate - Denver
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Part-Time) - Riverhead
rag & bone, Riverhead, NY
Advisor - Sales (Part-Time), Central West End
Warby Parker, St. Louis, MO
Customer Experience PMO Project Manager
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Advisor - Sales, Century City
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA
Client Success Manager
Yotpo, New York