Buying & Planning Manager, Outlet
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters
Effortless urban style, with expert craftsmanship
rag & bone is currently seeking a Buying & Planning Manager, Outlet to join our retail team and drive the outlet business. This person will have the unique opportunity to help shape and execute on rag & bone's evolving outlet business strategy and direction. This person will be responsible for the hands-on building and optimization of fiscal, sales and gross margin plans by department and by store. The ideal candidate will have outlet buying experience that includes the development of Made-For-Outlet product along with the ability to manage to strong financials (sales, margin, inventory), understanding of the business on a global scale but willing to work through the smallest details by taking initiative, being curious and collaborating freely. As a leader on the retail team and due to the small, collaborative and flexible nature of the team, this person may also have the opportunity to impact other aspects of our retail strategy.
- Responsible for all functions of buying and planning for the outlet business channel
- Responsible for development of effective MFO (Made for Outlet) program
- Responsible to represent the general performance of the Outlet business in all management meetings and daily activities to ensure its growth and performance.
- Develop close working relationships with each of the outlet store managers. This will include weekly conversations and regular store visits.
- Build seasonal receipt/buy plans to drive results in gross margin, inventory optimization and sales.
- Partner with Buying & Merchandising to create margin rich product made for outlet that maps into receipt plans
- Strategically assort into receipt plans with available inventory to drive sales
- Work with marketing and creative team to drive outlet marketing strategy, including mall website announcements, emails and other signage opportunities
- Determine monthly delivery of new product (both full price excess and MFO) and weekly replenishment based on sales plans, inventory needs by category
- Forecast sales and inventory at a store and department level, re-forecasting on a weekly/monthly basis
- Lead the monthly OTB process, providing actualized, re-forecasted monthly sales and gross margin by store
- Participate in the monthly Inventory Management Process to action on ATS, old stock and additional chase purchases
- Determine the monthly markdown strategy to optimize selling, gross margin and inventory turn.
- Work with other retail partners on creating and allocating sample sale assortments
- Manage daily sales plans and promotional calendar, adjusting store promotion based on time of year to achieve sales plans
- Through deep analysis of in-season performance, is responsible for communicating insights and partnering on action plans with business channels and cross-functional partners (retail, ecommerce, FP&A, store operations)
- Historical sales performance to identify drivers of trends that diverge from expectation
- Impact of promotional strategies and pricing on sales and margin forecasts.
- Selling and inventory by store-style-size for selected deliveries to stock balance within the network, between DTC channels (full price stores and outlet), between business units (retail, ecommerce, and wholesale).
- Markdown strategies to drive margin targets on transfers, rtvs, and receipt management
- Lead store visits to understand product needs and develop most robust and effective MFO product
- Work with allocation team to manage warehouse inventory for outlet stores, adding and releasing inventory as needed
- Partner with IT on data validation and ongoing system development and maintenance.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a planning, buying or merchandising function with a focus on Outlet
- Strong planning and forecasting skills
- Experience creating assortments, ideally in Outlet/Off-price setting
- Decision making capability clearly driven by developing strategic business initiatives through analytics
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experienced with Planning, Allocation applications
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills with ability to influence, present and defend a business argument both one-on- one and in a group setting
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent Retail Math skills
- Collaborative ability to lead and motivate team
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally
- Ability to articulate detailed action plans to successfully accomplish goals
- Understands and executes business strategies and company goals
- Able to evaluate reporting/data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to be a team player and to foster a commitment to teamwork
About rag & bone
Interested in joining one of the most dynamic fashion brands in the world?
From its origins in New York in 2002, rag & bone instantaneously distinguished itself by combining British heritage with directional, modern design. Today, the brand has become synonymous with innately wearable clothing that innovatively melds classic tailoring with an edgy yet understated New York aesthetic.
Want to learn more about rag & bone? Visit https://www.rag-bone.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Social Media - Brand (AUS)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Localization Manager
Manager, Unscripted/Comedy Specials Publicity
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
foodora Germany, Berlin
Director, Public Relations & Communications
Trilogy Ed, New York, NY
Nebia, San Francisco, CA