Principal Software Engineer (Contract to hire)
Rally, New York, NY
Crowdpowered travel for the 21st century
Your eyes are peeled for a technology startup that is bringing innovative and palpable change to the built world. And best of all, you’re passionate about affecting consumer behavior in a way that’s good for our communities and our planet. If you’re fueled by the idea of applying technology to make a positive impact, look no further. As the Principal Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for building and delivering extensible and scalable solutions enriching the Rally rider, driver and operator experience.
***Lead the application/solution development lifecycle and continuous integration/delivery of Rally’s core technology services
***Partner with web and mobile application engineering resources in delivering on Rally’s product backlogs
***Work closely with Business Development, Marketing and Product stakeholders
***Development team velocity
***Web and mobile application performance and availability
Reporting to the CTO, the hire will be expected to steward and deliver on stakeholder backlogs, manage and scale the application development lifecycle through continuous integration and improvement.
The Principal Software Engineer will partner with the CTO in architecting class leading technology solutions that enrich the user experience through an extensible micro-services architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Lead development sprints, demos, and retrospectives
● Manage the release schedule and deployment activities
● Establish development, testing, and documentation standards and conduct code reviews
● Engage partner development resources and drive team velocity
● Work with stakeholders and CTO to drive innovation, performance, and a competitively differentiating product experience
Key Requirements – experience:
● 5+ years of application development specifically around consumer-facing and/or highly available applications
● Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Kubernetes
● Hands-on experience in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
● Hands-on experience with server-side technologies including ASP.NET
● Knowledge of SQL and database concepts for RDBMS’ such as SQLServer as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
● Experience building/operating mobile applications dependent on large-scale platforms with high availability (Xamarin, iOS/Android native)
● Knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
● Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
● Knowledge of source control and code review systems
● Experience working in a fast paced environment: small company, geo-distributed teams across time zones
Rally is crowdpowered travel for the 21st century. Their technology connects you with other riders going to the same event or destination, then delivers high-end buses to get you there and back. Choose from preset trips or set up your own, then share your trip, invite friends, and relax...your ride is covered.
Want to learn more about Rally? Visit Rally's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.