Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks.
Rapid7 is trusted by more than 4000 organizations across 90 countries, including 34% of the Fortune 1000.
Are you passionate about delighting your customers and helping them solve complex security issues? Are you the person who enjoys technical challenges and thrives to learn and develop skills beyond expectations?
Then you are the right person to join our unique support team!
As a Technical Support Engineer, you provide premier support to a wide range of security minded people and their companies. Alongside the Support team you will use your expertise and knowledge to help solve security challenges for our valued customers.
This position is full-time and based in our office in either Tokyo or Singapore.
- Understands client's business objectives/impact and applies their expertise to timely resolve issues and ensure customer success
- Serves as the liaison between Rapid7 and the customer
- Follows up, tests, and troubleshoots as necessary
- Partners with development team on root cause analysis
- Manages customers’ issues and keeps them informed of progress
- Interacts closely with various departments to provide first hand feedback from customers
- Minimum 2 years of Technical Support or related experience
- We are looking for a standout colleague who thrives in a team environment
- Strong drive to look at challenges and help define solutions
- Eagerness to learn and wiliness to share own knowledge
- Very strong customer service and excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in designing Tech support specific tools a plus
- Security and vulnerability management market experience preferable
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Must speak English, Japanese and/or Mandarin
- Amazing social skills with a passion to solve customers’ issues
- Troubleshooting and understanding of network architecture
- Excellent knowledge of security and vulnerability management
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Fantastic verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable command of administering multiple Operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS…etc)
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI, VLAN, DNS, NMAP, LDAP
- Proficiency with similar applications and Rapid7 products a plus
- Network + and Security + certified preferable ( or related Network/Security certifications )
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.