Sr. Data Scientist
Rapid7, Cambridge, Austin, Alexandria, Toronto, LA
Rapid7: Transforming data into answers
Senior Data Scientist
Who We Are
Rapid7 Labs mission is to protect the internet, our customers and community by measuring, quantifying and understanding threats and exposure at every level: from individual systems to the entirety of IPv4/6. We also work to bridge the gap across Information Security and Information Technology within organizations to help them deter, detect and contain attackers. Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement proactive, data-driven approaches to cybersecurity. We're trusted by over 4,000 organizations across 90 countries and cover nearly 40% of the Fortune 1000.
Rapid7 Labs is seeking a self-motivated, creative and analytically-minded senior data scientist with exceptional quantitative and modeling skills. You will work closely with and lead projects across the entire Rapid7 Labs team along with researchers and practitioners across the product/services spectrum at Rapid7, including Metasploit, our Insight Platform and Managed Detection & Response teams. You will work with the most diverse array of enterprise- and internet-scale data imaginable. We use state-of-the art tools — some developed at Rapid7, see github.com/rapid7 — for data gathering, cleaning and analysis.
Responsibilities include designing new avenues of research and research projects, working with research, products and services teams to acquire, transform & curate data, perform quantitative analyses on this data, lead project teams and create internal analysis reports & visualizations as well as externally-facing research reports and other artifacts.
You, as a Rapid7 Labs Senior Data Scientist should be:
- An exceptional team player, communicator and leader who is able to remain productive and focused in a global, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- An exceptional analytical thinker who will lead and design all aspects of the design, development and delivery of predictive models using unsupervised and supervised learning techniques to detect and stop the most sophisticated threats and attack vectors.
- Deeply involved with problem definition, data exploration, data acquisition and visualization, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying various models and iteratively improving solutions.
- Handle the creation and prioritization of projects and tasks.
- Able to develop models (predictive and classification) and lead teams to develop models for a variety of problems.
- Able to communicate clearly and exceptionally about complex analytical tasks by producing concise and easily consumable reports.
- Excited about developing continuous improvements to push the organization towards new and improved ways to use data to improve business processes.
- Able to look for opportunities proactively to improve the business, outside of the specific questions asked, and understand how to influence the organization to make needed changes.
Data Scientist should have:
- BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines. Equivalent experience and certifications will be considered.
- 3+ years in a data scientist or equivalent role ("data scientist" is a term fraught with peril in definition)
- Exceptional quantitative, statistical and computational skills
- A documented track record of continuous learning and improvement.
- The ability to dive into a Python codebase; expertise with a scientific computing framework such as pandas, R, or other statistical packages.
- 2+ years of working on/with very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data; experienced in pre-processing and analyzing such data to gain actionable insights.
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (you will be communicating with customers, blogging, producing external reports and representing Rapid7 at conferences)
- Knowledge of computer security issues.
- A strong interest to dive further into the field of cybersecurity.
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.
Want to learn more about Rapid7? Visit Rapid7's website.
Jobs You May Like
Global Procurement Data Analyst Intern (f/m)
MealPal, New York
Data Scientist - Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA
VP, Scripted Programming
First Look Media, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Data Analyst
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
BI Data Engineer (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office