Passionate about platforms and excited about building a product from the ground up?
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a strong background in the design and implementation of frontend systems. We’re looking for collaborative, well-rounded engineers who want to ship code. CMS experience is also a huge plus. An interest in security problems is helpful, but a great attitude and an open mind is even more essential!
What you will do
In this role, you will work with product managers, UX, and fellow engineers in a small, nimble team to deliver our extensibility/ecosystem hub from inception to launch. This software will enable our users to build, contribute, and use extensible community content on our world-class security platform.
We’re not just invested in building software: we’re building a community of users and developers around our software. There’s plenty of challenges and open space for you to execute on your ideas and bring your own unique points of view to the table.
What you need to be successful
A fearless, can-do attitude - you’ll be involved in software development decisions from
conception to design to shipping in production.
- 3 years or more working as a professional software engineer, specializing in web application frontends (“full stack” even better!)
- Strong development practices in a rapidly-shipping, Agile team (writing and maintaining clean, readable and testable code and supporting documentation) in a professional capacity or within an open source community.
- Experience integrating projects with continuous integration tools (like Jenkins)
- Experience building software with relational databases (such as Postgres).
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully evaluate & choose technologies in designing features and communicate the pros/cons to your peers.
- Good organizational skills on a project (ability to accurately break down and scope work from user stories in JIRA).
- Experience deploying and operating applications on AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Strong communication skills - you will be frequently collaborating with remote team members in Rapid7’s worldwide offices.
Nice to haves
- Experience writing or working with CMS software.
- Full-stack expertise (can write code on the backend, too!)
- Experience (or interest) in TypeScript.
Benefits for You
- Own and participate in product and engineering design and decisions in a small, nimble team.
- Flexible work environment
- Build on a modern open source stack using modern development practices
- The joy of seeing a customer delighted by the features you deliver in a quick feedback loop, and know you are making a difference helping organizations defend against the ever-changing and evolving landscape of cyber attacks.
- Attractive Salary
- Competitive Pension employer contribution
- Company Shares plan
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working and the option to work from home
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Budget for additional education/development
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay schemes
- Healthy (and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
- Monthly outings/Summer party/Christmas party
- 50% off gym membership
We strive to promote a culture of overall wellness within our offices and offer
- qualified mental health first aiders on site
- access to online GP 24/7, 365 days a year
- free onsite mortgage advice to promote financial wellness
- sponsorship for sporting/charity events
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.