Rapid7’s tCell product is the next-generation Cloud WAF (RASP) which provides runtime security for web applications by plugging in to the application, gathering application security data, and enforcing adaptive policies to stop a broad spectrum of attack types including zero-days. The solution is driven by data gathered by the agents, and sent to the cloud, where the backend analyzes large volume data streams to detect anomalies and identify threats. From the analysis, the cloud service can coordinate both proactive and reactive responses to threats to secure the applications from compromise.
Rapid7's tCell Cloud WAF backend consists of several services that power the application protection solution. This includes managing and orchestrating the agents that detect attacks and provide real-time protections, APIs for other services, the UI, and customer extensibility, timer/scheduling services, security services, attack detection and alerting. In this role, you'll own one or more key services from design to delivery. If you enjoy implementing challenging micro-services, in an elegant, resilient, reactive, and performant manner, then this job is for you.
Design and implement backend functionality, either by extending existing micro-service, or implementing new ones
Design and implement web application functionality involving advanced data visualizations, and complex workflow
- Design and implement APIs for internal and external use
- Database design, and data modeling
- Write automated tests that can exercise comprehensively the functionality for correctness and performance, including clarifying requirements, scope, and limits
Work as part of the team to continually deliver powerful and solid functionality that make customers successful
- Ensure services can run in a DevOps infrastructure and that service is easy to monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain
- A passion for innovative and clean solutions to challenging problems
2+ years of industry experience and a strong desire to learn new things
Good understanding of reactive, concurrent, and distributed systems
Experience and expertise in functional programming (Scala, Clojure, Java using lambdas, etc.)
Experience in designing and implementing elegant APIs
Prior experience with Akka, or other reactive frameworks a plus an understanding of security concerns, including authentication/authorization, secrets management, and encryption
- Demonstrated abilities in developing software involving caching, queuing, concurrency, and network programming
- Ability to quickly pick up new languages and frameworks
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. (Masters a plus)
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.