About the job
Drive the security software revolution with Rapid7.
Located in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Rapid7's new R&D lab utilizes cutting edge technologies to push our network intelligence technologies to the highest levels of performance and capability.
We seek self-organized, highly motivated, team members whose focus is to "make it happen".
The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver who is willing to learn new skills and new technologies and to mentor their teammates based on their own experience. Experience with back end development, agile development, configuration and compliance, system administration, and the security industry are strong plusses.
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and talented software developers to be part of the next generation of security solutions with a global market leading company.
- Code, code, code. Write code every day. Review code from your teammates. Test your code, test code from your teammates.
- Deliver incremental features with end-to-end ownership. Guide your teammates in taking large features from user requirements to shipping through development and interaction with Product Owners, Architects, Quality Engineering and Release.
- Contribute as a leader in a cross-functional scrum team in charge of delivering new features on a continuous basis using Agile methodologies, Core Java and Distributed System.
- Participate with scrum team to plan and commit to iterations of feature development.
- Ensure commitments are met throughout each iteration of work. Take personal responsibility for the success of the team.
- Actively engage in overall quality engineering through Test Driven Development (TDD) and code reviews.
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn new technologies and explore new problem domains.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in agile software development using Java and Spring.
- Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and improve.
- Genuinely excited about creating software.
- Outstanding Java core technical knowledge.
- Security Domain Expertise (not essential).
- Mastery of OOP and design patterns.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Advanced English language communication skills written and verbal.
Sounds like you? Then get in touch for an informal chat and see how enjoyable a career can be with Rapid7.
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.
Want to learn more about Rapid7? Visit Rapid7's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Embedded Software Engineer - Verification
Test Engineer (Application Framework) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Web Engineer (Front-End)
Narvar, Bangalore, India