About the Team:
Rapid7’s Managed Services enables our customers to drive security success in spite of limited resources or skills. Our customers range from small business to enterprise organizations, enabling them to elevate their security program without needing to find the time, talent, and technology. We bring cutting-edge Rapid7 solutions, process expertise, customized tools, and human expertise to help customers find prioritize risk reduction and remediate attacks. Our offerings include Managed Application Security, Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Managed Vulnerability Management. Want to have an impact on a number of organization’s security, drive scale in an exciting managed services business, and influence broader Rapid7 solutions? Then come join the Rapid7 Managed team!
About the Role:
Do you enjoy detecting and investigating unusual activity, identifying indicators of compromise, and chasing attackers? Do you pride yourself on developing methods for identifying and analyzing breaches? Do you feel compelled to help organizations improve their abilities to effectively detect threats and drive incident response?
Are you prepared to take on today’s most sophisticated attackers?
What you’ll be up to:
- Deliver world class threat detection services using traditional threat intelligence based detection, user behavior analytics, and attacker behavior analysis
- Work on shift as part of a tiered threat detection team in the Rapid7 SOC
- Assist the Rapid7 Incident Response team in investigating breaches
- Assist in capturing and deploying knowledge of attack methodologies
- Drive research initiatives to further threat detection capabilities and brand reputation through media interaction, public speaking, and blogs
- Provide continuous input to Rapid7 product development teams
- Actively participate within Rapid7 Community and Security Industry as advocate and advisor
- 2+ years of professional threat detection and incident response experience
- Experience working in a 24/7 SOC environment
- Experience configuring and reviewing security applications such as Security Information and Event (SIEM)/ Log Management systems, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus, and other endpoint threat detection technology
- Experience with network analysis, endpoint analysis, malware analysis, and incident response
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work on a shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Prior system administration experience
- Development/Scripting experience
- Strong organizational abilities
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.