Rapid7 Canada, Inc.
2 Pardee Ave, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M6K 3HS
Lead Software Engineer
- Implement features from requirements to shipping through development and interaction with Product Owners, Architects, and Release
- Participate with scrum team to plan and commit to iterations of feature development
- Drive towards delivery of commitments through iteration and raise risks early
- Proactively engage cross-functional teams with the goal of "making it happen"
- Develop, design, and test software to aid in large scale computer forensics, data collection, and incident response operations
- Work with high level stakeholders to solicit technology needs, deriving requirements, and communicating with established engineering teams
- Develop kernel drivers for using strong knowledge of kernel-level programming for Windows, Linux, and/or macOS
- Work cross-functionally (outside of engineering teams) to coordinate the release of new features and functionality
- Strong knowledge of kernel-level programming for Windows, Linux, and/or macOS
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and optimizing multithreaded and network applications
- Knowledge of computer forensics and/or incident response
- Proven experience in problem-solving with little supervision
- Minimum 10 years of experience in embedded software or kernel driver development.
- Demonstrated mastery of English language communication skills written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Experience with distributed revision control systems (Git)
- Experience in Agile software development practices, specifically Scrum
- Security domain expertise
- System administration experience with patching, configuration management and compliance standards
Apply at rapid7.com
$165,000.00 base salary. Performance bonus and relocation assistance available
- Benefits include:
- Life insurance, dependent life insurance, and AD&D insurance with the ability to purchase additional insurance coverage
- Short term disability and long term disability coverage
- Health and dental insurance
- Office is located in Toronto
- This is a permanent position.
Rapid7 transforms data into insight, empowering IT and security professionals to progress and protect their organizations. How? Our solutions are powered by advanced analytics and an unmatched understanding of the attacker mindset. This makes it easy to collect data, transform it into prioritized and actionable insight, and get it to the people who can act on it—all in an instant. Our products and services enable organizations to innovate securely and reliably, and include offerings in vulnerability management (Nexpose), penetration testing (Metasploit), application security (AppSpider), SIEM/incident detection and response (InsightIDR), and log management (Logentries). Learn more at Rapid7.com.
Want to learn more about Rapid7? Visit Rapid7's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Program Manager
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Interactive Front End Developer
BounceX, New York
Manager, Paint Shop
SF Motors, Indiana Plant
Mechanical Engineer - Intern (San Jose)
Velodyne, San Jose
Software Engineer (Seattle)
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Kobalt Music Group, London