Senior Machine Learning Engineer
RealtyShares, San Francisco
Real estate investing made easy. Over $500 million invested across 1,000+ deals
RealtyShares is a leading online real estate investment marketplace where individual and institutional investors can participate in private deals across the country. By infusing technology into the archaic real estate industry, we’re able to connect accredited and institutional investors with pre-vetted real estate companies and operators looking to raise debt and equity capital. We’re giving people the chance to invest in both residential and commercial real estate properties and tap into the multi-trillion dollar real estate industry. To date, we’ve funded more than $500 million across hundreds of deals in 31 states, and have returned over $80 million of principal to our investors.
We are a venture backed startup with funding from 500 Startups, Union Square Ventures, General Catalyst and Menlo Ventures. We are located in San Francisco and growing rapidly.
RealtyShares is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our dynamic team as we continue to create the leading online marketplace for real estate investing.
- Architect, implement, and maintain the company's data pipelines and predictive modeling systems
- Lead an elite cross-functional data engineering team to achieve industry-first business breakthroughs in automated sourcing, underwriting, and servicing commercial real estate investments
- Work with business stakeholders and other engineers to optimize model training parameters, guided by mission-critical business objectives
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated production experience building data pipelines (SQL, noSQL, Spark, Hadoop, Pandas) and utilizing machine learning libraries (SciKit, Keras, TF, theano, NumPy)
- 5+ years of using Python in production
- 3+ years of production experience using machine learning to achieve mission-critical business objectives
- Deep understanding of statistical methods, time series analysis, machine learning algorithms, and data structures
- Proved experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for regression, classification, and clustering
- A blend of data engineering, machine learning and product innovation skills
- Experience with the GitHub Flow process
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional areas
- Capable of quickly troubleshooting complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing root causes
- Direct interaction with internal users to gather requirements and address ongoing ad-hoc requests
- A graduate degree in Computer Science
- Experience programming GPUs
- Participation in Kaggle competitions
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- Fully-stocked fridge with beverages and snacks
- Flexible hours and vacation time
About us RealtyShares is a real estate crowdfunding platform. We've created the leading marketplace for real estate investing through which individual and institutional investors can purchase shares in vetted residential and commercial real estate properties for as little as $5,000 from the convenience of a laptop or tablet. These investments are offered through real estate borrowers/sponsors looking for access to more efficient capital than what banks and other private capital sources are able to provide.
Want to learn more about RealtyShares? Visit RealtyShares's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid