This is a paid, full-time internship for January through June 2021. This position will be remote due to COVID-19 until conditions improve.
The Role: The Corporate Accounting Intern will assist in the monthly financial statement close process as well as work to ensure the integrity of the general ledger. This intern on our Finance team will receive an orientation to the company and the software industry, be exposed to practical applications of Accounting concepts, use of multiple systems, and have the opportunity to work with other areas of the company such as Financial Planning & Analysis and Human Resources. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work and gain practical business experience in the software industry.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly standard journal entries (e.g Expense, Health Insurance)
- Cash Collections
- Perform trend analysis of results to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Complete monthly General Ledger Account Reconciliations
- Develop and implement Continuous improvement projects
- Prepare payroll files for international employees payroll
- Complete all sales and unemployment tax registrations
- Complete all vendor portal access requests
- Ad hoc requests as needed
What you'll bring:
- A strong academic background - good academic standing (GPA > 3.0)
- A major or concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business, Commerce, or closely related area
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced PC skills, specifically with Word, Excel spreadsheets, downloading, importing and exporting files and Google Suite
- Completed at least 2 college-level accounting courses
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Our goal is to create an environment which attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of backgrounds and lifestyles where they can feel included and respected for who they are and what they bring to Recorded Future.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Recorded Future
We’re on a Mission Our aim is ambitious: to organize and analyze threat data in an entirely new and different way for better, faster security.
Our Goal Our goal is to empower our customers with contextualized threat intelligence in real time, enabling organizations to proactively defend against threats at the speed and scale of the internet. At the heart of this is our unique technology. Founded in 2009, we're a startup that’s growing fast and headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with offices in Virginia, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Want to learn more about Recorded Future? Visit Recorded Future's website.
The best bed for better sleep