Senior Software Engineer - Anti Evil
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 330 million users worldwide and growing fast!
At Reddit we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Anti-Evil is a small and scrappy team, working closely with ops to defend Reddit’s integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users on the 4th most popular website in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly knit company with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the anti-evil infrastructure at Reddit.
- Build real-time data systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters.
- Leverage ML models to identify offending content and take appropriate actions.
- Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deployment.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer developing production code.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning / artificial intelligence, pattern recognition or large-scale data mining.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package.
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend.
- Family Expansion Benefits.
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming.
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions.
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends.
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities.
- Catered Meals & Snacks.
- Onsite Wellness Classes.
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure (Seattle)
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Senior Graphics/ Engine Programmer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Senior Frontend Engineer
Classy, San Diego HQ
Sr. Data Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Pocket Gems, San Francisco, CA