Senior UX Design Manager
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 330 million users worldwide and growing fast!
The Reddit Design Team is a talented group of problem solvers, makers, and artists. Come join us as we take Reddit into the future, and be a part of a nimble and high-impact team.
As a Senior UX Design Manager, you are a proven leader, as well as an exceptional cross-functional collaborator. You will be at the helm of a team of designers delivering new user experiences on the Reddit across mobile and web.
- Lead and manage a growing team of designers working on new initiatives in the social space at Reddit.
- Foster creativity and collaboration both inside and out of your area of ownership.
- Drive execution of deliverables for a team of designers.
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from concept to delivery.
- Contribute to design thinking at the company, resulting in tangible improvements across our portfolio of products – as well as to how we approach and solve customer problems.
- Drive change through user insight – resulting in improvements to the Reddit experience.
- Gather community input and weigh against existing factors to effectively present a feature or product area to end-users through research or other community events.
- Effectively communicate and present solutions to user problems across the organization, as well as to large groups of end users.
- Own quality of user experience for your area.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years of relevant design experience.
- Previous experience managing a team of designers.
- Experience working on social or consumer facing products across multiple platforms
- A strong sense of user empathy.
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Humble, driven, and motivated to ship the best product.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Communication Design Lead
Addepar, New York, NY
Design Director - Product
Lumosity, San Francisco
Product Designer - Senior & Mid-Level
foodora Germany, Berlin
Principal Designer - Design Systems
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL or Sunnyvale, CA
Product Designer - Yelp Reservations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA