UX Design Manager
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Design Team is a talented group of problem solvers, makers, and artists. Come join us as we take Reddit into the future.
As a Senior UX Design Manager, you are a proven leader, as well as an exceptional cross-functional collaborator. You will be at the helm of a team of designers delivering new user experiences on the Reddit across mobile and web.
- Lead and manage a growing team of designers working on new initiatives in the social space at Reddit.
- Foster creativity and collaboration both inside and out of your area of ownership.
- Drive execution of deliverables for a team of designers.
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from concept to delivery.
- Contribute to design thinking at the company, resulting in tangible improvements across our portfolio of products – as well as to how we approach and solve customer problems.
- Drive change through user insight – resulting in improvements to the Reddit experience.
- Gather community input and weigh against existing factors to effectively present a feature or product area to end-users through research or other community events.
- Effectively communicate and present solutions to user problems across the organization, as well as to large groups of end users.
- Own quality of user experience for your area.
- 3+ years of relevant design experience.
- Previous experience managing a team of designers.
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms.
- A strong sense of user empathy.
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Humble, driven, and motivated to ship the best product.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.