Staff Backend Engineer, Ad Delivery Platform
Reddit, New York
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Monetization is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive and technically demanding part of any online business. Our Ads Engineers work on the newly released Reddit Ads platform, all the way from the front-end tools for ad creation to predictive modeling, delivery, auctions, and attribution.
The Ad Delivery team is one of the core engineering teams in the Ads group. It is responsible for building and maintaining critical components that make up Reddit's ad serving platform. This includes:
- Service-oriented architecture responsible for serving a high volume (500+ MM per day) of ads requests under a strict latency SLA of 100 milliseconds per request
- Mission critical real-time streaming and batch processing systems used for pacing, billing and analytics
- Control System that paces advertising budgets intelligently to ensure optimal ROI for advertisers
- Real-time reporting backend system that provides advertisers insights into how their ad campaigns are performing
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that turns Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Build and maintain Reddit's native ad server and real-time bidding platform
- Build real-time reporting systems to give advertisers insights into their performance
- Understand Reddit user behavior to help optimize campaigns
- Write ruthlessly efficient code that fits the low-latency requirements of the industry
- Work at multiple levels of the stack to build out new features
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Go, C++)
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Engineering Manager, Experience (Chicago)
Venmo, Chicago, IL
Workday Technical Architect
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California , Seattle, Washington, Toronto, Ontario
Junior Software Engineer
Jampp, Buenos Aires or Córdoba, Argentina
Software Engineer, Data
Développeur nouveaux médias (Developer New Media)
Moment Factory, Montréal