IT Systems Engineer - Tools
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
As a Systems Engineer on the IT team at Reddit, you will focus on building tools for IT and help support cross-functional teams. By providing deeper integrations between the line of business, SaaS and custom applications, you will enable scale, improved security through automation and unlock efficiency.
The ideal candidate is customer focused and flexible. This position provides you the opportunity to make a big impact on the organization as the first dedicated IT tooling Systems Engineer. You will leverage your development and system administration experience to build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support the tools you create.
- Build tools utilizing API’s and Webhook’s to connect core IT systems and SaaS applications.
- Automate repetitive tasks to drive efficiency (e.g., automate event based remediation, propagating data between systems, task-specific tools)
- System Administration:
- Maintain the platforms that run our corporate web properties (e.g., applying security patches, ensuring disaster recovery plans, manage access control to additional developers, etc.)
- Build and maintain any necessary cloud infrastructure to support IT tooling.
- Act as a gatekeeper; review, approve and deploy tools written by other engineers that interface with Corporate IT systems (Slack, G Suite, Okta, etc.)
- Contributing your ideas on how we can continuously improve our systems and processes
- 2+ years experience working with API integrations and Webhooks.
- Significant development experience in at least one modern programming and scripting languages, like Python, Ruby or similar language
- Knowledge of SSH, keystores, security certificates, user and password management, SSO Integration and Authorization Tokens
- Experience with UNIX systems administration including maintaining web/application servers.
- Experience building/hosting applications in AWS or GCP.
- Knowledge in a variety of tools/concepts including:
- Code Management (e.g., Git, Subversion, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Containers and Container Services (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Logging/monitoring (e.g., Splunk, Sumo, Wavefront, etc.)
- Configuration management systems (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of GCP, G Suite, Google Apps Script
- Experience with Google API’s, Google Cloud Shell, GAM, G Suite Admin SDK
- Previous experience working on an IT team or having an IT background.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Stage - Développeur PHP / Intégrateur
RetailMeNot, Vannes, France
Senior Software Engineer
Sr. Mobile QA Automation Engineer
Vungle, San Francisco
Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Software Development Engineer (Front-End)
Technical Program Manager, Customer Operations
Squarespace, New York, NY