Product Manager, SEO
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Growth team at Reddit is seeking a Product Manager with long-tail SEO experience at scale to help us improve Reddit’s SEO. You’ll be responsible for setting the vision and strategy as well as the day-to-day tactics for all of Reddit’s SEO efforts. As the directly responsible individual for SEO at the fourth-ranked website in the US you’ll be tackling challenges in a highly visible area with high growth potential.
- Work closely with the Head of Growth to refine Reddit’s SEO strategy.
- Manage the full product lifecycle, working closely with engineers to drive new feature development from start to finish. Own specifications for all SEO features; define requirements, write user stories, solve problems, make decisions during development, and lead ongoing improvements.
- Analyze quantitative user data and use it to inform your product strategy and roadmap.
- Design and execute SEO experiments. Partner with other teams to ensure that experiments are executed smoothly with cross-team cooperation.
- Conduct market research. Maintain a strong knowledge of what is and is not working in the SEO world.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the product organization to ensure that product changes effectively account for SEO objectives.
What We Can Expect From You
- You are an expert at quantitative analysis. You have no problem writing up complex SQL queries or leveraging other data analysis tools to get to the bottom of an important product question.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience.
- You are located in (or are willing to relocate to) San Francisco.
- Previous experience managing the SEO strategy for a company focused on long-tail SEO.
- A degree in computer science is a plus.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Ads - Targeting, Delivery, and Data Mining
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Partner Operations Specialist
Pinterest, San Francisco
Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
Technical Product Support- ThoughtWorks Product
ThoughtWorks, New York
Product Manager, Game Mechanics