Agency Development Lead
Reddit, New York
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As an Agency Development Lead at Reddit, you will play a key role in working with our clients' agencies of record. You'll develop strategic relationships, have a business building mindset from the global holding company level to individual agencies of all types (creative, media, social) to ensure we deliver value to agencies. You'll educate agencies on the best ways to leverage Reddit’s 300+ million users while staying on-brand for their clients. You will be responsible for driving and identifying revenue growth and relationships with key agency partners through upfronts, education, and ideation directly with the Agencies.
- Act and serve as a liaison between the assigned Holding Company and Reddit to help them develop first-class strategic programs and partnerships
- Build Reddit’s annual and quarterly strategic plan for assigned Holding Company including a deep financial analysis
- Manage the bottoms up and top-down go-to-market approach with key internal stakeholders including cross-functional leads
- Set the foundation and define the benchmark for the success of your assigned Holding Company, developing world-class initiatives and projects such as Immersion Days and Joint Business Plans
- Develop and contribute to tentpole events in collaboration with assigned Holding Company and Reddit (CES, SXSW, Cannes)
- Be the thought leader in the industry; acting as an ambassador and spokesperson for Reddit acting as an advisor
- Develop and negotiate trading agreements at an agency holding company level and manage the legal process
- Lead and facilitate educational training to inform best practices for using Reddit
- Work with agencies to uplevel their creative thinking and structure programs that deliver positive business impact for their clients
- Ensure that agencies’ voice, opinions, ideas, and feedback are being conveyed back to Reddit's Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Provide input to Product Marketing & Product teams about advertiser insights and needs for new products, features, and solutions
- Partner with sales to develop and create account-level planning initiatives to accelerate Tier 1 and Growth Accounts
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of experience in brand advertising partnership sales and/or account management
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial approach to working through product, process, and client challenges
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with external partners
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Is flexible and has the innate ability to work in a fast-paced and unstructured work and environment managing change effectively
- Exhibits a high level of competency in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building and cultivating relationships with senior agency decision-makers at the C-Suite and VP Level
- Evolve- We grow together towards the future. Our business and the context in which we run it is constantly changing. We are humble and know that learning never stops.
- Remember the Human- We treat others the way we would like to be treated, and we remember our actions affect real people. We are not assholes, and we ensure that Reddit plays a positive role in people’s lives.
- Bias Towards Action- Much of our work is not predictable, which means we need to be not only flexible but also aggressive in taking on new challenges as they arise. Instead of debating the perfect owner or waiting for the perfect solution, be the owner and take action.
- Keep Reddit Real- Be yourself. Encourage others to be themselves. Diversity and authenticity are what make Reddit work.
- Put Your Customer First- Know who your customer is and strive to address their needs. Whoever your customers are, listen to them, understand their needs, and set goals that measure your success as a product of their happiness. If it’s good for your customer, it’s probably good for Reddit.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.