User Acquisition Media Buyer
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to help scale our paid marketing efforts. This role will work with Reddit’s marketing team to launch and manage performance marketing campaigns and help develop a holistic user acquisition strategy. You will play a pivotal role in executing our growth strategy on all paid media including, but not limited to: Facebook, Google Adwords, Programmatic Ads and other digital advertising channels.
This person should have a strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape and the user acquisition platforms advertisers use to drive mobile users.
- Develop, launch, and scale user acquisition campaigns to drive quality users to Reddit’s mobile app for existing and new paid media channels.
- Optimize creatives, targeting, audiences, and budgets daily to drive a positive ROI.
- Achieve monthly spend and ROI goals by continuous hypothesis-led testing.
- Conduct in-depth post-campaign analysis, develop test plans for new user acquisition initiatives and measure performance to identify testing opportunities.
- Collaborate with the brand and design teams to ideate, create and iterate on new media content for our performance advertising campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, marketing data analytics, or digital media buying
- Understanding of the core Reddit experience and passion for Reddit
- Strong understanding of the mobile and digital advertising environment
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data analysis and statistics
- Extensive knowledge of major advertising platforms such as AdWords and Facebook.
- High attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectually curious with demonstrated ability of performing thorough data analysis
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau/Looker a plus
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.